This blog is intended to follow my activities as I traipse my way through learning to be an adult. Hopefully this will encourage me to write more often for my family and friends and give me an outlet to talk about the things that mean something to me. All of the opinions in this blog are mine, unless otherwise stated and I welcome comments and critiques, as well as discussions. So lets make this a fun experiment.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Programing Headaches

So there are good days and bad days with my programing experiences. Good days I figure out what I'm supposed to be learning and manage to get a little closer to it, or actually successfully complete a piece of code. Then there are the bad days, days that I can't seem to do anything right. These days are so incredibly frustrating I just want to hit things and cry. It doesn't help when my computer is so slow that it takes 30 seconds for a word to show up on the screen when I am typing, but that isn't this blog post. So I'm working on something right now and I can't find the key words I need to understand something, which of course means I am spending %1000 more time on every little thing and far more than I actually should be. This is frustrating, so frustrating that it makes me want to say "screw it you stupid piece of S*&^$#%".

As it stands I have spend most of the afternoon on this problem and have absolutely no freaking way to fix this problem until I can ask Jayson. This sucks, quite a lot because I just wasted the whole afternoon on some jumped up piece of C*&%$. So I am nowhere near getting the things done that I need to get done and am so frustrated with everything I could kill someone, especially the jerk that ran me off the freeway yesterday. P.S. thank you grand theft auto for the brake turn, spin gas combo that saved my life and the lives of anyone I would have hit on the backlash from slamming into the cement sides at 70mph.

Anyway, so I am supposed to be making 3 separate functions and then calling them to load, permute and save some data. Ok. So I did this exact thing on fri. without the separate functions. Turning them into functions however seems to be my downfall and every time I think about this stupid thing I see red and really hate myself. I am trying to make it so I can call the various functions but they don't work, well thats fine go online and find out how to call functions. Please keep in mind that these functions are the same ones that I successfully managed on Fri. Oh btw there is absolutely no information on how to call functions online, as in it doesn't exist unless I'm using classes. So apparently this lower level of programing doesn't exist. Ok, maybe I just need to look at my functions again, oh, yeah functions don't exist by that name in Ruby yet everyone uses it. Ok, its war.

4.5 hrs later...
*Scream* just kill me please, because I clearly am the most stupid person on the planet because I cannot figure out how to make these "functions" functions, let alone call them into action. I've looked everywhere. Seriously everywhere. I don't know what to do next and I feel so incredibly stupid I can't even breathe. How on earth do people learn this cracked out excuse for a language? Its bad days like this that make me want to go into something that never requires me to think ever. I know that I'll have better days but honestly, I couldn't remember the feel of success right now. Yay, hopelessness.







No comments:

Post a Comment